Good morning and Happy Valentine’s Day. Do you have any special plans today &/or February 14th traditions?
Yesterday afternoon the tween put together her valentines for her classmates; she
tells told me last Friday that she got the class list from her teacher and that she wanted to pass out something. I took her to Target Sunday afternoon and the shelves of course were practically wiped out; however we found two boxes of mini packs of Nerds that also came with cards.
Yesterday evening the teenager made a batch of Nestle’s chocolate chip cookies while listening to Hamilton, An American Musical. Most are for her close friends and even a couple will be going to a teacher. I had asked her before if her school was doing candy grams and she told me yes, but they’re $5 for a small card and a few pieces of candy, something my daughter didn’t think was worth it at all.
For dinner tonight I will be making one of my husband’s favorite meals, pan-fried pork chops. I prep and cook them like Pioneer Woman: seasoned with salt and pepper, dipped in seasoned flour, and placed in nonstick pans that have been warmed up with butta. Organic potatoes will be baking in the oven and we’ll have a diy salad mix. I’ve been buying salad mixes from Costco; most come with thinly chopped, mixed greens + some kind of crunch + a dried fruit + optional cheese + dressing. I thought this time I’d make my own mix.
Thank You Cards
After getting birthday cards done, last Sunday I worked on creating a couple of thank you cards:
These cards are for family members who gave gifts to the dames. I was running late on getting these out and had debated on whether or not to make them or to have the girls write on their own stationery. You see what won out, LOL.
I was inspired by a set of clear, heart stamps besides February itself.
- Recollections cardstock in Cream
- 3″ tall x 4″ wide
- edges distressed with Distress Ink Vintage Photo
- adhered to main card via foam tape
- stamped Inkadinkado DH Script Background in Versamark
- embossed in Ranger Ink white embossing powder
- blended Distress Inks Abandoned Coral, Pickled Raspberry, & Worn Lipstick
- spritzed with water + dried
- used Distress Ink Rusty Hinge
- Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz Reflections CMS111, the numbers stamp
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Doily
- stenciled in places with Distress Ink Ripe Persimmon
- adhered directly onto the cardstock
- side edges folded to the back
- Darice Baker’s Twine in black & white
- wrapped around
- knotted in back
- Inkadinkado Hearts set
- stamped in MEMEMTO Rhubarb Stalk
- each fussy-cut out
- each mounted with foam tape
- Inkadinkado Happy Everything set
- stamped in Tim Holtz Distress Permanent Mixed Media Ink Palette
- edges distressed in Distress Ink Vintage Photo
- adhered with foam tape
- Recollections cardstock, Pink Buttons pack
- cut 8.25″ long (folds to 4 and 1/8″) x 3.25″ tall
While I was finishing up these during the weekend, I found I was a bit tired of making envelopes. I may buy some on Prime for A1 cards which are around the size of these thank you cards. I can’t decide upon a color yet though. Hmmm…decisions, decisions…
Anywho, I hope you have a nice Thursday and it makes you smile. Enjoy the rest of your day. TTYS.