Good evening. What’s for dessert? We had some ice cream, something the husband was generous with in scoops.
What’d you do today? I was trying to work on a birthday card but was mainly distracted by the teen watching Carmen Sandiego and Glee. Then she realized she had some reading homework to do online so once it was quiet here I got focused and the creative juices started flowing.
- First inspired by my hearts stamps since I have much love for my BFF (birthday 2/1)
- Made me think of February’s Valentine’s day so inspired by this color palette in this pin
- Matched the colors with these Distress Inks: Aged Mahogany, Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint
- 4″ x 5″, Recollections Cream cardstock
- Last, four colors smooshed onto an acrylic block, spritzed with water, pressed down onto cardstock, and then dried
- Ran the pinks along the edges where there were blank spots, more water spritzing, dried
- Overstamped Inkadinkado DH Script Background in Vintage Photo
- Used Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Doily stencil for upper left (Crushed Olive) and lower right (Peeled Paint) corners
- Mixed Ranger Ink Texture Paste, matte, with Distress Oxide Victorian Velvet to fill in upper right and lower left corners, using Recollections stencil
- Scored brown cardstock every 1/8″ vertically & horizontally
- Dina Wakley’s Hearts Rock stamp set – biggest heart stamped in Aged Mahogany, second biggest stamped in MEMENTO Rhubarb Stalk (both fussy cut out)
- Hearts mounted with foam tape
- Darice Baker’s Twine in black and white
- Sentiment from Stampin Up Party with Cake set
- All edges of each piece distressed with Distress Ink Vintage Photo
- 4 & 1/8″ x 5 & 1/8″
- Recollections Cardstock, Shades of Red
- All corners rounded off
Alrighty then, it’s getting late. The husband is calling for this wifey to come to bed; he spent his whole day being score keeper for Science Bowl which recruits volunteers from his work once a year. I’ll probably read a bit before turning out the lights. Do you read some before going to bed? I’m not sure if I’ll have a book post Monday as I’m not even halfway through one contemporary fiction hardcover and have just started a Flavia de Luce mystery as well. Have a good night. TTYS.