Hi there. A quick post today.
Meg took close up pictures of the pumpkin and the card I had made for her for the Knit Equals Joy 2018 Fall Mini Swap: Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins.
I held together two yarns:
- Cascade Yarns Elysian in Bird of Paradise – a merino and acrylic mix
- Debbie Bliss Angel in tangerine – mohair & silk
The pattern I used is a free one – Knit Picks Spice & Clove Knit and Crochet Pumpkins. Obviously I knitted this one.
It’s an easy pattern. When I made the defining lines to section the pumpkin, I had to keep the pumpkin squished in my left hand while I hand sewed the lines.
To make the stem and the leaf, I used the instructions from another free pattern – Autumn Pumpkins by Jan Lewis. I held together two yarns:
- Barrett Wool Co. Home Fingering in Field
- Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Fern
Here’s the card I made for her. It of course had to be fall-themed; it was inspired by this pin.
- blended two colors (yellow and brown) on cream cardstock
- spritzed it with water
- overstamped & stenciled in areas with darker shades of the color
- scored kraft cardstock
- blended a dark brown all over to emphasize the texture
- ripped the cardstock into a rough rectangle
- black & white twine wound around kraft cardstock
- stamped maple leaf in two colors + fussy cut them out
- stamped the sentiment & cut out
- foam tape used to mount pieces.
All pieces were distressed by blending and edging the edges with a dark brown.
Included in her package was a suncatcher kit for a Halloween ghost that I thought she could make, hang in her window, and think of me whenever she washed dishes. There was also a package of Ghiradelli sea salt and chocolate squares.
Now that I’m done with this mini swap I’ll be moving onto the next one. GTG. Thanks for poppin’ in again. TTYS.