Paper 7 Play

Good morning. TGIF! I love the Fridays where my husband is off. I make him take the girls to school and pick the teenager up. However, I’m pickin’ up the oldest today as I have to run to Joann to get some cotton belting.

Thank you for sharing yesterday what kind of socks you prefer to wear. I was curious as I like knitting calf length socks but probably would wear shorties more. Both of my girls wear no-show socks as does their dad; he is particular about his socks and has favorites among his stash.

Yesterday afternoon I was able to get my auntie’s birthday card done. I kind of put it off, not feelin’ all that creative. I was worried I was losing my mojo for card making but thankfully, my little brain was able to formulate a design and it worked out!

I wanted to use my new stamp set: Cocktails Blueprint. I know there are different martini recipes and wanted to see what they looked like so I’d be inspired by color. I found this pin and used the colors as my color palette.

Layers

Main card: black cardstock, 4.25″ x 5.25″

Cream cardstock was used for everything else.

Scored panel (4″ x 5″): Cross hatch subway tile was the inspiration and then distress ink in five colors (Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, Squeezed Lemonade, Pickled Raspberry, & Seedless Preserves) were blended onto it.

Collaged panel (3.25″ x 4.25″): half Tim Holtz Idea-ology Postale Tissue Wrap & half DAISO Old Paper; I blended the distress inks, Antique Linen and Tea Dye onto this while distressing the edges with Seedless Preserves.

Martini (size of the stamp, squared around): I stamped the martini in black STAZ-ON and used color pencils to color it. I then stamped another martini glass, colored it, and then cut it out so I could use foam dots to mount it for a 3-D look.

Sentiment: I used the stamp, “IT’S TIME TO CELEBRATE WITH CAKE,” from Stampin Up’s Party with Cake set, but had taped off the “with cake” part as I didn’t want to use that. I cut apart the words, distressed the edges with the coordinating ink used for the scored layer, and then arranged them to my liking. The words, IT’S and CELEBRATE, are mounted with foam squares while “TIME” and “TO” were adhered to the martini layer.

I’m really happy with how this card came out. I like the bright colors which make the card modern and happy. I know it’ll make my auntie smile.

When’s the last time you’ve “made” something (craft or food, etc.) for a loved relative? Thank you for dropping by today. I may not have a book post Sunday as I’m only about a quarter way through my reads right now, but I may have a sewing one. TTYS.

1. OH Im a shortie sock person. I start at the ankle cuff and go right into the heel. My fat calves are too difficult to get right. So I cheat! I love the card for your aunt. Hmmmm, a beloved gift: I gave AL the log cabin quilt and if it does not arrive today I’m going to worry. . CMON USPS

2. That is a gorgeous card and I’m sure your Aunt will truly appreciate the thought and time that went into it. I recently finished a baby blanket for my Step Aunt’s son’s baby daughter. They are absolutely in LOVE with it 😀 I’ll blog about it soon!

3. Now, THAT is one cool card!!!!!!!!! 🙂

4. That card is adorable. You should open an Etsy shop!

5. Happy Birthday to your aunty! Love the card… as always 😉

Thank you very much for you sweet sentiment. Haven’t heard from her yet; fingers crossed it had arrived safely.

Fridays are my favorite day of the week 🙂 I love the birthday card! I’m finishing up my Aunt’s blanket and next hubby wants crocheted slippers.
    Enjoy your weekend !

I love how you’re making a blanket for your aunty. That’s super sweet. Thank you for the card love. I love how your husband wants crocheted slippahs made by you.

Love the card! I used to crossstitch versions of houses for everyone in my family. I loved crossstitching but can not imagine doing it now!

I love house drawings. Many knitters cross stitch also and it’s tempting for me to start one as I’ve had a kit my mum had bought me at a STITCHES a few years ago. I need a hoop or may get a square frame.

I loved crosstitching…I have mine framed everywhere!

8. I made my sister a sweater but I haven’t seen her to give it to her yet. Love your card and the love you poured into it!

9. Casey says:

I always love seeing your cards, they’re super creative! The last thing I made was shortie socks for my daughter and I have socks on the go for my dad right now

Aw, thank you so much. How lucky your family is for you to knit shorties or socks in general for them.

10. Your cards are masterpieces! It always amazes me how you manage to create them from scratch.

11. As always I ADORE your cards. They are so thoughtful and always well done. You’re definitely not losing your mojo!

Some of the last things that I’ve made are food (always) and then there was the crochet unicorns which I’m still make more of (one needs to be finished off and then another needs to be made for a friend’s little girl) and then I have a few other crochet projects I want to do.

Other than that, Father’s Day is up this weekend so we will be doing an easy project for the 4yo with a card for her daddy. 🙂

Hope you’re well!