Adding to My Harry Potter Nerdiness

on

Top of the morning to you. There’s not much progress to show you as I’ve been slowly knitting here and there again and I’ll be getting back to my project-cleansing-sewing-project today. The husband was able to finally get an electrician to come out and fix our breaker box. The switch that controls the power for the three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and hallway hasn’t worked since Sunday night. Resetting the system didn’t work on our end, nor was it easy to figure out if there was a bad bulb affecting it. One electrician flaked yesterday and gave my husband some BS excuse so luckily, a local company wanted our job yesterday. Houston, we have power and after the longest time, I’m able to use the hair dryer (the bathroom outlets have not worked for months) in the bathroom again.

Hey, have I mentioned my neighbor has an Etsy shop? You can find her there as jemimaduck. Lisa makes dangly earrings. I have a pair of her lightning bolts that I’ve shown on IG.

As a Harry Potter nerd and at one craft night get-together, I asked her if she could design a pair that was half Harry and half Slytherin/Voldemort, possibly seeing if glasses could be a part of it.

Look at what she came up with (a bigger visual is to the left of this post):

Aren’t they awesome? I lurves them! I like how she has captured the essence of Harry Potter. I like how the snake has visible shape, especially in its head. I love, love the hanging glasses off of the lightning bolt. I can’t wait to wear them.

So if you need a new pair of dangly earrings, check out jemimaduck where you can buy a pair already made or request one custom-made. Tell her I sent ya which would make her smile.

1. They are very cute!!!!!!

Haven’t worn earrings in ages. Keep saying I’m going back,,,, and haven’t. -sigh-

Hooray for power! That rots, when some things don’t work. Or in your case, when a LOT of things, don’t work!

Top of the morning Stefanie :)) Those earrings are so cute! She’s very talented, thanks for the link 🙂 I’m very happy for you that you got your power back and all restored…I’m a fan of electricity lol… 😉

Those earrings are wonderful!

Thank you. I think so too ^__^. I only wear earrings when I have to “doll up” as the husband calls it. I’m lucky my original piercings have stayed open since I was two.

I am now in love with very small earrings!

4. WHen you hire some one and it doesnt work out it is so aggravating! I love the earrings! Very cute. Happy Mothers day to a great mom and a loving daughter. Your posts say it all

Yes! You are so right. These guys are in the town next to us. My mum told me one of my “uncles” lives in our town. Didn’t know that and I guess he is a retired electrician. We can try to call on him the next time we have an issue.

5. yay for hair dryer using!! woot woot. I do love your harry potter enthusiasm 🙂 Also your friend’s etsy shop is lovely!

6. Gracey says:

I have a pair of Golden Snitches…I love those glasses and thunderbolt! Since I’m a Ravenclaw, no snakes for me!!!!

7. Love! I am a huge Potter fan and adore both the shirt an the earrings.

8. That’s crazy about the power! Glad you’ve got it back on but how irritating. Of course you’ll have a whole new appreciation for drying your hair in the bathroom. I LOVE the earrings. So cool. I’ve never really fallen into the Harry Potter world though my daughter did so I’m familiar with everything. From all the quizzes I’m a Ravenclaw. I’m not 100% sure what that means but I know that’s what I am!