Made for 4 + Paper 3 Play

Hello. How’re you today? The husband and I are fighting off a bug. I probably gave it to him (Remember the past stress?) when he came home from training – my poor honey doesn’t sleep well when he travels. And then I got it right back from him from our weekend’s little *̥̻̥̻̥͙*̻̥̻̥͙*̥̻̥͙*̻̥͙*̥͙ ꒰ ˆ ॢ꒵ ॢˆ꒱♡꒰•ॢ◞•ॢ *꒱ *̻͙*̥̻͙*̻̥̻͙*̥̻̥̻͙*̻̥̻̥̻͙ kisses. We took Theraflu last night but I dislike how it makes me feel when I get up. I’m taking Zicam and will try to go to bed earlier tonight.

Despite our wet week starting off yesterday afternoon (and that I forget to water this plant sometimes), my Trader Joe’s orchid is blooming for a third time! What a hearty plant. El gave me this the first time she came over to see our new home about three years ago. I’m trying to revive the more expensive orchid the husband had given me last year, but I think I killed it…shhh.

Roll out the FO!

Good, ol’ Cascade 220 Superwash; it’s a good workhorse yarn. A thought: I think this pattern would look good in a lightly variegated or a speckled yarn also. The pattern’s Ravelry page is in this post, but FYI, it links to the pattern which is on the designer’s website.

I made a simple tag inspired by the pattern’s name:

1. Back of tag – Typed up in Word, printed out on a full piece of cardstock before cutting it down to tag size
  2. Clouds & rolling hills seemed fitting
  3. I just had to over-stamp on the tag; I just had ta.

Alrighty then, I’m off to make somethin’ to eat. Then I’ll be responding back to your comments on yesterday’s book post while catching up on blogs. Have a good Tuesday. Thanks for poppin’ by. TTYS.

1. I love cascade 220, you are right about it being a work horse yarn, my son in law’s sweater is cascade 220! They also have tons of colors. Sorry to read that you and your hubbie are sharing germs…hopefully that will end and you both will feel fantastic!!

2. I am awe of your orchid skills! I eventually kill any plant I have to care for:(
    Your hat is fantastic! The cable is beautiful:)

I didn’t do anything! I just water and try to turn it once in a while. Thank you about the hat!

3. I feel you on the plant dilemma. Lol.
    Hope you feel much better soon.

4. Aw I love your hat!!! The braid like cable is beautiful. Nice job . Glad you and your hubby share more than colds!!

5. I hope you feel better soon! My hubby is sick; however we are keeping the germs away from each other by not kissing 😦 Your hat is super cute. I’m going to download the pattern 🙂 Your orchid is very pretty too. I killed my last one; however there are leaves growing on the one I’ve had for the last year and it looks like buds may be coming out too. I think I over fertilized the last one. They do well when you just leave them alone 🙂

Thank you for the well wishes. I made myself do a Cardio Party even though last night’s sleep was up and down due to the husband suffering. He wanted to take off today but had a meeting to go to 😦 I hope he comes home early today. I hope your husband gets well soon and you avoid the bug. I have long periods of time between bloomings. I should mark it on the calendar.

6. Oh so sorry you are “trying” to get the flu!!!!!!! Do hope you catch it in time, so it is less awful.

Hugsssssssssss

7. My Orchard only bloomed twice and then nothing. I hope you all feel better soon!

Hi Stefanie 🙂 I’m in catch up mode too and loving it. 🙂 I will be back to blogging some time soon, maybe even today as my spring cleaning is DONE. Phewf! 🙂 I hope you feel better soon! Nasty bugs!!!

You need some good old fashioned homemade chicken soup! Sip it once…sip it twice…sip that chicken soup with rice!

10. MrsMcD918 says:

That tag is AWESOME!!!!

Thank you; it was nice to have an excuse to use that stamp set. The beanie was well received.

11. autumngeisha says:

I hope that you both are feeling better. Love the hat. I think that the pattern would look pretty in a speckled or slightly variegated yarn. The line of cables remind me of some sock patterns that have that same feature.